Recent data shows people from ethnic minority backgrounds are less likely to take the COVID-19 vaccine. Some communities are more hesitant about a vaccine, for a range of reasons, and many of these groups have been disproportionately affected by the first wave of the coronavirus.
Our esteemed panelists explain how the vaccine works, and why it’s safe, to instil peace of mind for those who may have seen inaccurate information about the vaccine.
Opening remarks delivered by His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales, Royal Founding Patron of the British Asian Trust
• Nadhim Zahawi MP, Minister for COVID Vaccine Deployment and Minister for Business & Industry
• Adar Poonawalla, CEO, Serum Institute of India
• Prof. Kevin Fenton, London Regional Director, Public Health England
• Prof. Farida Fortune, Professor of Oral Immunobiology and Regenerative Medicine, QMUL
• Dr Nikita Kanani MBE, Medical Director for Primary Care, NHS England and NHS Improvement
• Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London
• Ritula Shah, Journalist, BBC Radio