These key principles drive our approach:
- The private sector has a central role to play.
- We convene powerful cross-sector partnerships.
- We invest in learning, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- We support scalable and sustainable solutions.
- We safeguard the wellbeing of the people that we work with and for.
- We can always learn and improve.
“It’s just as important to apply investment principles to not-for-profit investments as it is to profit-making investments. The British Asian Trust does that.”
Chris Mathias, British Asian Trust Board member and co-founder of CMG Partners and Arbor Ventures
The importance of partnership
We know that our impact will be greatest if we work with others to design programmes, raise funds and convene powerful cross-sector partnerships. Among other partnerships, we are keen to work with the best from the sophisticated South Asian development sector.
Our work draws on the breadth of innovation and learning in the sector, the drive of the private sector, the energy of the South Asian diaspora, and the mandate for transformation from institutions and government.
We believe our work should be a catalyst for large-scale, long-term change. We embrace new social finance tools, philanthropy and technology to deliver significant impact for disadvantaged communities.