The British Asian Trust is launching a new campaign to celebrate and recognise the contribution of British Asians in the fight against COVID-19.
British Asians are working tirelessly in the NHS, the community, the media, the Government and indeed many other sectors across the country to ensure people are kept healthy, well fed and that they can stay safe at home.
We want to share exceptional stories: from frontline staff in health and social care, to the army of volunteers sourcing Personal Protective Equipment, cooking hot meals and supporting community outreach; from innovative online yoga and dance classes keeping people engaged in their living rooms to teachers making sure that children are able to keep learning at home.
British Asian Heroes are performing ordinary acts of kindness that are giving people extraordinary levels of support and hope at this time, and we would like to use our platform to acknowledge, celebrate and encourage these efforts!
We would like you to contribute by nominating a person or a group that you consider to be doing heroic work. Send the British Asian Trust a picture or a video of the person or group (e.g. volunteering, community, faith groups), writing a short description of why you think they should be recognised as #BritishAsianHeroes. Please include their:
- Profession (if valid)
- Impact COVID-19 has had on them
- The heroic work they are doing
- Why you think they should be recognised as #BritishAsianHeroes
- Please ensure you share a clear picture and keep your videos under one minute long
- Share both your social media handle and that of the person/people you are nominating
- Please share the contact details of the nominee (i.e. email address and/or phone number). We will contact the nominee directly (if they have been selected) to gain their consent for us to share their story and picture/video online.
- Please note: You MUST gain the consent of the nominee before submitting their personal information to us (i.e. contact details, picture and/or video).
Please send your nomination by Whatsapp to +44 (0) 7385 709 524 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet our heroes!